Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's Fall!

Actually, Autumn officially began a few days ago, but our temps are finally starting to cool off a bit (only going to be 91 today!), so I'm celebrating with a fall-themed card.  This fulfills two challenges: Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge and Flourishes Timeless Tuesday .  I love sketches like this - they give lots of opportunities to put "stuff" on the card, i.e. layers, embellishments, etc., and I do love me some stuff:

sc404_tbu-jpg

And then my card:




I used Flourishes Color Made Easy Rich Browns for the base layer and BoBunny Apple Cider and Serenade Collections.  The leaves are from the SU Gently Falling stamp set and the outline stamps were stamped on dp then fussy cut and popped up on dimensionals.  The music, which I distressed with Soft Suede, is from my very first music lesson book dating back to 1969 when I took piano lessons.  I was 10 years old and this book has been traveling around with me all these years to finally land in my garage for the last 12, so I figured it could start being useful again.  Memories...  :)

Finished things off with a couple of SU Vintage Trinkets (the brads), a SU Antique Brad and some hemp twine, and there you are - a fall card!  Hope you like it!

Now I have to go put the master bath and bedroom back together after having the shower re-tiled over the past few days.  

Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!!

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this card!
Sue