Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Floral Heart

Hello!

It's time for another challenge over at A Gem of a Challenge, and this week (Challenge #88) the theme is "Spots or Stripes (or both)."  This challenge will run from 8:00 AM July 13, to 6:00 PM July 19, and the prize for the winner will be 2 individual digi images (NOT SETS) from Pink Gem Designs. So do head on over and see what the rest of the lovely Design Team have created, then join us, won't you? We'd love to see you!



My project today uses several items from the PGD store, starting with the striped and dotted digi papers.  They have been discontinued but have been replaced with so many lovely new digi papers that you really owe it to yourself to check them out.  The stamps are Flower Heart and one from the Vintage Occasions Sentiment set.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut both stamps out after printing.



I colored the heart with chalks and then added Perfect Pearls in their centers.  I haven't used my Perfect Pearls in ages - for most of them this was the first time, and it turns out I was able to use every single color I have!




I used one of my handmade stick pins with a little added charm and put it through the hand dyed seam binding bow.  I didn't have any pink striped baker's twine, so I colored that myself too.

Some stitching, vintage lace and a few more pearls finish things off.

Thank you so much for joining me today and I wish you a lovely Saturday doing the things YOU want to do, be it crafting, spending time with the family, or both!  And don't forget to visit us at A Gem of a Challenge and play along.

Happy crafting!


Challenges entered:

Oozak #17 - Anything Goes w/a Girlie Theme
The Ribbon Reel #57 - Picnics
Simon Says...  Pin It
Divas By Design - Charming
Crafty Ribbons #52 - Anything Goes w/Ribbon
Frosted Designs - Ribbon, Twine, Washi Tape (use at least 2 of 3)
613 Ave. Create #27 - Anything Goes + Create Your Own Challenge (I used patterned paper, plain paper, sentiment, sketch, die cut, liquid pearls, pearl [on the bow], baker's twine, ribbon, lace)
Oldie But Goodie - In the garden (stickpin and chalks are over 6 mos. old)

Sketch N Stash #117 - (used very neglected Perfect Pearls, every color I own, which I haven't used in over a year)



19 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Shea! A pretty, colorful card! Very happy with the cheeriest color combinations! hugs, de

Maria said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, Shea! Very pretty heart with all those flowers! Love the handmade stick pin, too! It gives the perfect finishing touch!

Jac’s Playground said...

Fantastic card, love the heart of flowers with all the perfect pearls too, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

Janet - aka stacky said...

Your card is beautiful so much gorgeous details and fabulous colours.
Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sketch N Stash xx

Kristie Goulet said...

Sigh!! So beautiful, Shea! I so love your pretty stick pins!

~@ngie~ said...

what a gorgeous card... I love the heart of flowers.... I also love the Dp's & the wicked edge stitching :)

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... good luck :)

hugz Angie xXx

Gail said...

Shea - Oh this is just lovely -you are a very creative crafter! My goodness - look at those lovely flowers and the layout -very lovely!

Samantha Casey said...

Amazing job! Thanks for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha

Janine said...

Gorgeous card. Very pretty heart and beautiful pin . Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Hugs, Janine xx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is just so beautiful. Love the pretty colouring of the heart and the bow with the hat pin is a nice creative touch.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

DIANA L. said...

This is so Beautiful Shea you did an amazing job! I love it.

DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Katie said...

stunning card! Thanks for joining us at FD for the Ribbon, twine, washi tape challenge!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wonderful card! Love the stamped image! Great details! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Anita Scroggins said...

Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs for our Ribbon, Twine & Washi Tape Challenge! Love your stick pin,, I make my own too!

Narelle Fasulo said...

What a beautiful bright card, it would surely brghten anyones day. Thanks for joining us over at Frosted Designs.

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, I love the multi coloured heart and gorgeous bow.
Thanks for joining us at TRr this week!

Sue said...

This is stunning Shea. I love the image, fabulous colouring and gorgeous detailing.
Thank you for taking part in the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge
Sue xx

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Love the floral heart and colorful stick pin! Thanks for joining TRR!

Natali said...

Gorgeous card. Love flower heart image and your colouring sooooo juicy )) Beautiful pin touch.
Many thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie` “In the Garden” Challenge and we hope to see you again.
Hugs
Natali