Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Open The Door

Hello!

Today's project is another canvas board as I'm a tiny bit obsessed with doing these at the moment, and Oozak is hosting a fun challenge where Anything Goes with Texture.  To me that means altered art.  Yay!


I wanted to use these hinges that I had made several months ago using grungeboard as the base, then painting/embossing with various metallic paints and embossing powders then doing a final rub with black Staz-On ink.  So as I was playing around with ideas on how to make a doorknob, my daughter suggested I use an antique drawer knob that we bought last summer in a small Texas town we visited.  Perfect!

There are various stamps used, but the black ones all come from my favorite set, Paris, which you can find in the Inspired By Stamping store.


The flower is made of sticky back canvas with various treatments including paint, stencils and inks.  A couple of layers of tulle (painted blue and teal) were adhered and then blasted with the heat tool to cause them to partially melt and curl.  A tiny cupid sits on top, having been inked in black to tone down the bright gold.  That's cheesecloth underneath, dyed with Vintage Photo, adhered with matte medium, then rubbed with gold Rub N Buff.


Here's the vintage drawer knob including the rusted hardware inside.



Because we should let it out.


The tiny bits are watch parts which I found on eBay.

The diamond shapes are molding paste applied through a stencil and painted.


A small tassel and tiny key charm.

And that wraps up today's project.  Thank you so much for joining me, and I wish you a lovely day full of crafting goodness if possible!

Happy crafting!


Challenges entered:

Oozak #18 - Anything Goes With Texture
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps #62 - How Charming
613 Ave. Create #29 - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Holy smokes! Love it! My favorite detail is the tassel&key hanging down,perfect!

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful mixed media wall art, Shea. That blue really brings it all together - but more than anything, I love the combinations of items on your creation. Warm mineral colors, in all shades - some shiny, others not so shiny - just lovely! hugs, de

Laine Kammeraad said...

Wow - absolutely stunning Shea. So much attention to detail. You really did an amazing job. How are you doing?? I hope you are doing well. I am back on blog land and feel so excited to be back. I am off to do some more looking on your blog to see what else you have created these past several months.

Hugs and smiles

Laine

Angelique said...

Fab. creation. So creative and I like the sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

artwolf2009 said...

wonderful colaged Piece. the doorknob is a wonderful Addition to your Sentiment. Thanks for participating at altered ecletics and I hop you Show us some more art soon

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh that is so beautiful, love all the details and the charms you used. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Ceal said...

Fabulous, love all the details! thanks for sharing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps, hope to see you again soon!

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous creation and great charm. Thank you for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Samantha Casey said...

Amazing! I love how it all goes together! Amazing job! Thank you for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha