Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Monday, October 1, 2012

And so it begins...

... the approach of the holiday season.  I always find that from Oct. 1 on, the weeks pick up speed until suddenly it's Christmas, and where in the world did Autumn go?  Just yesterday I noticed that the sun is not in my eyes anymore as it edges over the horizon out my office window as I sit here at the computer, whereas I usually have to close the blinds a bit so I can see the screen.  Fall is here.

Today is Oct. 1 and I had fully intended to decorate the house for Autumn/Halloween yesterday, but somehow I managed to spend most of the day on the computer learning (always learning) about paper crafting and blogging and/or watching our beloved Texas Rangers lose, then win, in a nail-biting double header.  We are one game away from making the playoffs and are so excited we can hardly stand it.

Today's card is Autumn-themed (again).  It seems that most of the blog challenges out there right now have Autumn and leaves/harvest as their themes, and I'm discovering that I quite love the colors associated with this time of year.  I used to be an all pink/purple kind of gal, but that's been changing for a while and I'm really enjoying putting together fall-themed cards.  (However, come Spring, I will be back to loving pink and purple.  :) ) 



This one was made for last week's SCS Free for All Friday Challenge as well as TCM's September Sketch Challenge. I used the thumping technique and misted the SU Gently Falling stamp with water before stamping to give it a more watercolored look.  I stamped SU River Rock DSP Stack with Everything Eleanor (flourish), in Soft Suede, stamping off once each time to give it a softer effect.  Added the sentiment on a Word Window piece on top of a Grommet Tag diecut and finished it off with a couple of Candi's, a couple of Antique Trinkets (SU) and a dash of seam binding.  

And now I think I am ready for the holiday season to officially begin.  Maybe saying it out loud will make it so.

Welcome, Fall.

Have a wonderful day out there and happy crafting!!

4 comments:

Kimie said...

Sweetie, this card is gorgeous, as usual! :) I love all the embellishments and the color combo. Love ya!

Shea said...

Awww...thank you honeybun!! Mwah!!

Kristie said...

Yep, just gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

Agreed....just gorgeous!