Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Friday, October 5, 2012

It's Craft Day!

Hello to another beautiful day. 

It's beautiful because I get to spend the entire day with my DD who is coming over to craft with me on her day off (from school and work).  All.  Day.  Long.  These days fly by and we are always sorry at the end of the day because we have so much fun sitting at the breakfast table just crafting away.  During the winter she made cards with me in my craft room upstairs where it was nice and warm, but during the spring and summer we've been mosaicing with various items, mostly vintage, or vintage-looking rhinestone jewelry, but also beads, small pieces of colored mirror, game pieces, pearls, etc.  We usually have tea in the afternoons with the full English tea layout (teapot, china cups, silver tea strainer, the works), but sometimes we just have it in mugs with teabags.  She stays for dinner, after which we watch a couple of tv shows, and then she leaves.  It's always fun, and we're always sorry the day has to end.  The good news is she'll be back a week later, sometimes sooner!

This is the craft table (and visiting artist) in the middle of the day.  It's quick work to clean up, though it doesn't appear to be so.  Someday I hope to have a craft room where I can leave everything out...

Right now I'm working on a vintage ladies hand mirror, visible in the foreground, and DD's working on a wooden cigar box.  I will post pictures of finished pieces when they're...well, finished.  :)



In the meantime, here is today's card. 



I made it for a couple of challenges, CC395 over at SCS and TTSTV#17 over at MFP, a Heinrich Co. 

I was to use the colors Perfect Plum, Tangerine Tango, Summer Starfruit and for dessert, Pool Party.  The Tutorial was how to make a flap card.  It was much easier than I expected.  I used velcro dots as the closure and SU Floral District DSP.  I colored the butterfly with watercolor pencils, using the SU Blender Pen.  Embossed the TT layer with the Swiss dots embossing folder, layered the centerpiece onto a Dienamics doily diecut and popped it up on dimensionals.   Added a little glitter to the body and there you have it - a fun, flap card!

Thanks for looking and I hope you have as wonderful a day as I'm going to have!

Happy Crafting!! 

5 comments:

Kimie said...

I totally forgot it was your craft day together. It looks like you had a great time. I am looking forward to seeing your completed work (both your's and DD's). :) Gorgeous card. Your coloring is spectacular! It is so bright that I thought you had used Copics at first.

Kristie said...

Love this card too, Shea! Your craft days look like so much fun!

Shea said...

They are wonderful fun, Kristie, and we're always sorry to end them. Thankfully we get to do it all over again the following week!

Heather North said...

How wonderful that you can spend the day crafting with your daughter. I wish my mom liked to craft or that I had a daughter to craft with. You are blessed in many ways. Thanks for sharing your special time with us.

Anonymous said...

I have to ditto everything said before me!
Sue