Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Gold Ornament

Hello!

We're in the middle of a heat wave (81 yesterday!), but I'm playing Christmas music and drinking hot cocoa while the a/c is turned down so I can almost muster up some Christmas spirit. Some frosty weather would sure help.

Today's card is as CAS as it gets for me and one of the rare times I use white cardstock.

Rather than put it on the white card base itself, I put the design on an additional layer of white.  The gold background was made with SB Impressabilities in the Flourish pattern.  I used it as a letterpress, inking it first with gold pigment ink, then running it through the Big Shot.  Looks like gold metallic wallpaper.  I embossed the stamp with SU gold embossing powder and punched it out with their matching punch, then popped it up on dimensionals and attached some ribbon from my stash.

And that's it - a quick, easy, CAS but still elegant card.

Thank you for joining me, and happy crafting!

Ingredients:

Stamp: Delightul Decorations (SU)
Ink: Versamark, gold pigment
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories: SU gold ep, SU Ornament punch, ribbon, SB Impressabilities (Flourish pattern)

1 comment:

Kristie said...

A simple, yet very stunning card! Love it!