Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Friday, February 7, 2014

In Sympathy

Hello.

Today I'm sharing with you the card that nobody wants to make, and that is a sympathy card.  A friend's grown child suddenly passed away over the weekend and I was informed about it yesterday.  I will be going to the memorial service tomorrow, and I will be sending this card to the family today.


As it is for such a somber occasion, I've kept it extremely simple.  The image is from Flourishes ("Calla Lilies," but I think it might have been discontinued) and I've colored it with Copics.


I've inked the edges of the base layer with light green ink and raised it up along with the flourish die cut window so there would be some dimension on an otherwise rather flat card.  Both layers of the sentiment have also been raised.  

Pearls on the four corners complete this card.

That's it for today, dear readers, and please offer up a prayer for the family.  To bury one's child is an unthinkable situation.

Hugs,

Shea





No challenges today.

3 comments:

Paperesse said...

A very appropriate card, Shea, that I'm sure will bring comfort to the family.

Heather said...

Lovely coloring of your image Shea!! Beautiful card...I am sure the family will appreciate it.
Hugs
Heather

Heather North said...

Beautiful coloring, Shea. So sorry you needed to make and send this card, but I'm sure it brought comfort to the family.