Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's All About Stripes at StampNation

Hello!

It's time once again for the weekly challenge over at StampNation!  This week's theme is "Stripes," and I had the perfect paper for it, the striped paper that I received from Tattered Angels for last week's co-sponsored challenge which you can read about here.  While the prizes aspect of the challenge is over, challenges at StampNation are NEVER over and you can join whenever you want.

 StampNation Sistahs

I had such a good time making this card.  I was still in the mood for more whimsy as the TA line of papers themselves are steeped in it, including the sheet of quotes and cute sayings.  (To see more ways of how I used these papers and embellishments, go here and here.)




I used a greenish turquoise as the base of my card and layered red card stock, then a layer of black and white striped TA paper, then a layer of their wonderful see-through vellum-like (but not vellum) paper on top of that to tone all that black and white down.  I had first sprayed this vellum-y sheet with the alcohol sprays I'd made with the TA Glimmer Glazes which imparted a wonderful rainbow of colors.  I then stamped the paper with distress ink and learned that this paper needs Staz-On or archival inks because I wound up with ink all over my hand as I worked on it.  How I didn't smear it I'll never know.  


Here's the TA sentiment, also sprayed with the inks and finished with a single rhinestone.

The flourish is cardstock that I painted red, inked the edges with black ink, then coated the whole thing with crackle glaze.  I like how it mirrors the flourishes on the vellum-y layer.



The pixie, popped up for dimension, is from the Gecko Galz Pixie Dust collection and I've added a bit of glitter glue to her wings and tutu.

The black feathers are from my dear StampNation friend Elaine Johnson who sent me a bag FULL of all kinds of feathers a while ago.  Thank you, Elaine!



The inside is finished simply with a red mat under the white sentiment layer, which I've left blank as I will be putting this card into my Etsy shop.

Thank you for joining me and I do hope you pop on over to StampNation to play along and see what the rest of the designers have created for you!


1) For details on the challenge, go here.

2) To learn more about StampNation, go here.

3)  Become a member right now, go here

Happy crafting!



THIS CARD IS FOR SALE IN MY ETSY SHOP


Challenges:

Crafty Boots - Feathers
The Shabby Tea Room - Anything Goes

1 comment:

Paperesse said...

Bravo! Pretty, pretty, pretty, Shea!!! But then, I'm not surprised. Just par for the course with you...always something lovely here.