Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pretty in Purple

Hello and good morning!

Woohoo, I've got my computer back!!  It came in last night and I stayed up rather late putting it all back together and updating everything that requires daily input.  SO happy to have it back.  I told DH that working on my laptop was akin to driving in reverse - I could still get to where I was going, it just took longer and I had to go slower.  So now things are back to normal.  ("Normal??"  What's THAT?)

Today's card is a simple one without a lot of fuss and frill.

I stamped it in gray rather than black so as to not appear too harsh and colored it with Copics.  I stamped a light flourish onto the base layer first so as to give it a little more interest.

I added the teensiest little pearls to the flower centers on the cup and saucer.

The rolled roses are made of felt with the larger one using two strands in contrasting colors.  I also added a pink flower button and some very light green leaves.


The butterfly has been paper pieced and popped up on a dimensional, and a few more small, though not AS small, pearls have been added to the outside border before also popping the centerpiece up on dimensionals.

And that, lovely readers, is my card for the day.  

BTW, did I mention the battery on my phone is going out and I can't send pictures on it anymore?  Perhaps it only needs a new battery...  *sigh*

At any rate, thank you for stopping by and I wish you a lovely Tuesday.  

Happy crafting!

Supplies:

Stamp: Simple Pleasures (IO), Creative Elements (SU)
Ink: Versafine Smokey Gray
Paper: Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Subtles DSP Stack (all SU)
Extras: Dienamics Leafy Flourish, Mini Rolled Roses, Oval Stax Dies; SB Floral Ovals dies; felt, pearls, flower button, Copics, dimensionals.

Challenges Entered:

ALOTA Rubber Stamps #99 - Make your own background
Divas By Design - Make It Girlie
Creative Card Crew #28 - Make It Girlie
Allsorts #190 - Flower Power

6 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful Shea, as always!!! Happy to hear you have your computer back!

Viv said...

This is just lovely Shea!

Kristi said...

Very lovely!

Hugs,
Kristi

Vikki said...

What a pretty card...love your flowers!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card love the butterfly too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Allsorts, hugs Samantha :0)

Deanette said...

Very pretty girly card! Thanks for joining us at CCC!