Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Friday, January 18, 2013

"Rrrelax...and Be Beautiful".

(As told to my mother by a Brazilian lady friend many years ago.)  Good advice.

Hello and good morning!

Today's card was inspired by the oh so wonderful color challenge over at CR84FN, which was to use aqua, tan and light yellow.  I LOVE those colors together, and this card somehow came to be, although the aqua looks a little greener in the photos no matter how I turned the light to it.  Hmmm... OK, it's dark aqua.
 



Isn't she something?  She even has her own little crown. And the sentiment...well, it's true.  I mean, isn't it?  We gals know it is.


Here's another view where you can see the whole sentiment a little better, darn feathers.  (BTW, you can enlarge the pics by clicking on them.)

 

This card was a hoot to make.  I do love aqua to begin with, so I really wanted to drench the card in it.  It's huge, 5x7, which I did so I could fit the image and feathers on it.  I've been wanting to use this image for ages, "Spoiled Rotten" by Squigglefly.  I colored her with Copics and had a minor panic attack at first because the grays were so dark (I only have three - light, medium, dark), but I discovered that light Copics "push" darker colors as effectively as the Blender pen.  Pretty neat, considering I had already colored the chaise.

 
Here you can see her rhinestone collar a bit better, plus the metallic gold trim to her chaise, or Victorian "fainting" couch, which I did with a metallic gold gel pen.  I've wanted one of these couches for years and someday hope to have one.  I mean, every diva should, right?  And there will be a little pink pillow on it, too.

The feathers were fun.  They are from an ostrich boa from Michael's, and no matter how gently I maneuvered them, I wound up with tiny feathers all over the place.  Ptooey.

 A few more rhinestones and the card was finished.  I'd like to thank you for joining me and "Queenie" today, and I wish all of you queens and princesses out there a day to relax and be beautiful, even if only for a few moments.  Because you deserve it.

Happy crafting!


Supplies:

Stamps: Spoiled Rotten (Squigglefly)
Ink: printer, Memento Tuxedo Black (inking edges), Baja Breeze (inking edges)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White (SU); Curio (Basic Gray for the aqua/tan print); Sweet Fairy (Prima for the yellow print), Core'dinations (aqua)
Extras: Dienamics Oval Stax, crown charm, ribbon, feathers, rhinestones, gold metallic pen, SB M-Bossabilities "Elegance", dimensionals.

Challenges entered:

CR84FN - Aqua, tan, light yellow
Divas by Design (of course!) - Make it Girlie
Eclectic Ellapu - Recipe: 1 die cut, 2 patterned papers (the yellow is, though very subtle), 3 embellishments + ribbon (feathers, rhinestones, crown charm) 

14 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh Shea this card brought a HUGE smile to my face this morning! I LOVE it! That cat is just adorable and the sentiment is perfect! Awesome job coloring! Mwah!!!

Cheryl First said...

That is one fabulous, stylish kitty! Wow! Love the feathers! They are a great texture for your card!
I came by because you left me a comment on my blog, thanks so much! I'm following you now... :0)
Happy Crafting!
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions

Deborah Frings said...

What a fun card - I do like the image. She's a very spoiled puss! Love the feathers around too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Viv said...

Ha! Love this! Made me smile... a very pampered puss indeed!! Great card. x

Kristi said...

I ADORE this card!! I'm a cat lover so I go a little gaga over cute cat stamps! She is a diva for sure! Your coloring is awesome too. have a great weekend!

hugs,
Kristi

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Fabulous card! Just love the feathers and bling! Thanks for playing with us at CR84FN!

Andrea W said...

Purrfectly adorable card! I LOVE the feathers and charm.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE her feathers and bling and crown! That sentiment just says it all! FAB card, Shea! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Pauline said...

Love your sassy cat, and her frame of fluffy feathers!
Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Shea! Love the cat with attitude! The feathers and crown are quite fitting! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Shannon White said...

So Adorably Pretty Shea!! Love your Diva kitty and her pretty pearls! The feathers and little crown are just so Perfect!! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Unknown said...

Great card, love the aqua. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week x

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Oh my gosh. How adorable. I just love all those feathers. It just makes the card. Another neat idea for creating texture. Too bad I don't have any lying around here.

Lisa D.

Vickie Z said...

Too fun!! The boa feathers are perfect with the Diva kitty!! This "Queenie" is going for her day tomorrow....I'll probably get called in to work:)) Thanks for playing at CR84FN!!