Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

WCMD France

Hello!

I'm writing from Carlisle, PA where hubby and I stayed for the night on our way home from our fabulous trip to New England where we saw the most beautiful fall colors we've EVER seen.  There is just no describing the vivid reds, oranges and golden yellows that adorned the trees covering the various hills and mountains of the region.  I've got several red maple leaves and yellow unknown leaves that I microwaved in our hotel room and pressed overnight in hopes of preserving their wonderful colors.  If it works, I'll be using them in future projects!

Today's card is the final of the four that I made for StampNation's World Card Making Day blog hop on Oct. 5.  The inspiration photo is of downtown Paris on Bastille Day...


Name:  images.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  11.4 KB

...and my card had nothing in common with the photo.  Oops.  Well...sometimes inspiration strikes in different ways.  In this case, I pictured in my mind's eye fields of sunflowers, so I used a stamp from Inspired By Stamping, French Country, and colored it with Copics, applying a little light green glitter around the center.

I heat embossed the gold "poulet" (which features in many French kitchens) from the same stamp set and cut the shape out using my Silhouette Cameo.

I stamped a chicken wire pattern onto a piece of canvas and cut it into a banner  before adhering it under the center panel. 

Some stitching and black rhinestones complete this card.

Thanks for joining me today and I wish you a beautiful, flower-filled day!  

Bisous!  (Mwah!)














1 comment:

Paperesse said...

Uh bah...ça c'est magnifique, vraiment!!! Je l'adore!!!