Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Back to Normal. (For now.)

Hello!

Today is going to be spent in the garden shoveling 3 cubic yards of landscaper's mix onto all of my flower beds.  That's a lot of mix and it will take two days, I'm sure.  I should be decorating for Christmas, but I procrastinated doing this autumn chore for so long that it's time to pay the piper and "git 'er done."  I know exactly WHY I put it off - I was having too much fun playing in paper and glitter.  Whoops.  

Because of the Thanksgiving holiday, I've been away from my craft room for a few days and am going through withdrawals.  And they're not pretty.  So no matter how much dirt I have to shovel tomorrow, I WILL be playing in paper and glitter by the end of the day.  In the meantime, I'll pull another card to show you from my stash.

I made this card for my mother for Mother's Day this year.  It was before I had discovered sketches and challenges, but I think it still turned out ok.  I applied Perfect Pearls to the raised part of the dry embossed bottom layer and colored the image with Copics.  The bow was tied with two ribbons at once, and I finished everything off with a few rhinestones and a small brass butterfly charm.  I love charms.

Thank you for stopping by, and here's wishing you a lovely day.  I'll have one too after the dirty work is finished.  Ha!

Happy crafting!

Ingredients:

Paper: I just flat don't remember.  Eeek!
Ink: Tuxedo Black
Stamp: Flourishes A Year In Flower I
Accessories: Unknown name embossing folder, Perfect Pearls, ribbon, rhinestones, Copics, Dienamics oval and oval scallop dies, butterfly charm, corner rounder punch.
 

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Very pretty card, Shea! Love the ovals and the butterfly charm.

Try to have a fun day in your garden. :) It is snowing here this morning and quite cold.