Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Snow Buddies (or...not)




Hi and good morning!

Hmmm. . . I don't think today's card is the perfect depiction of "snow buddies" at all.  Actually, I told my DH that this card had his name all over it, and he agreed!!  If we ever live where it snows, I'm pretty sure I'll be in deep trouble.  Ha!


I grin every time I look at this stamp set, and this week's sketch over at My Favorite Things seemed to be perfect for it.  I flipped it and increased the length, which made it perfect for the image. 
I started out with Whisper White because I didn't have enough navy CS but wanted something more noticeable than just plain white (even if all that shows is 1/8" all the way around), so I swiped my Versamark pad along the edges and embossed them will silver ep, the bright, tinsel-y kind.  Same with the blue banner.  The two printed papers are from Echo Park's Winter Wishes, and I embossed the piece on the left with SU Snowburst ef, then dabbed at it with white pigment ink to enhance the snowflakes a little bit.



The stamps are from IO's Let It Snow and Alota Rubber Stamps (pine trees in various sizes).  First off, I cut the banner using two layers of  Dienamics Fishtail Flags Layers Stax, then I stamped the trees off first, either once or twice, before applying them to the image, which I first masked with copy paper.  The snowflakes are also from the IO set.  I used Copics for the small amount of coloring, and I applied white Puffies from The Rubber Cafe, topped with SU Dazzling Diamonds, to the individual snowballs to give them dimension.  I applied the tiniest bit of DD to the snowflakes as well.

Look at the little guy.  Doesn't he look pitiful?  The additional snowflake is from the Dienamics Let It Snowflake die set and is covered with a blend of light blue Art Institute glitter and SU Dazzling Diamonds.  I partially inked the sentiment stamp and popped it up on two oval diecuts, then I added three blue rhinestone brads to complete the card.

I enjoyed making this card all the way through and hope you've enjoyed looking at it.  Here's to a lovely upcoming week, and hopefully we'll get some much-needed rain.

Happy crafting!!

Challenges entered:

Oozak Challenge #8 - Winter Vibes
Alota Rubber Stamps Challenge #94 - Blue and White
Creative Card Crew #23 - Silver and Blue
CCEE#1245 - Use partial embossing folder (my background paper is only partially embossed though there are two pieces - does that count?)
Charisma Cardz Challenge #44 - Feeling Blue
Crazy 4 Challenges C4C162 - Favorite Christmas Carol (Let It Snow)
There She Goes TSG181 - Let It Snow 
Christmas Card Challenge #50 - Snowmen 
Delightful Challenges - Let It Delightfull Snow (snowflakes)

and as mentioned above...

My Favorite Things Sketch #97.


8 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh goodness, Shea this card is so cute! That snowman stamp set is so fun! haha Love all the sparkles and shine on this card too! TFS!!!

Cat's sCrap said...

I like humor ! Your snowmen are adorable. Incredible work on your image. Magnificent papers. Origninal shape. Everything is perfect ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Sheryl said...

I see what you mean about grinning when you look at it. It is guaranteed to put a smile on anyone's face. A really sweet card.
Glad you could join us at Charisma Cardz this week. Look forward to seeing your work again next time.

FiLoMa said...

This is a beautiful card. The layout is great and the snowmen are just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew. Cheers FiLoMa DT

paper fun said...

Delightful card. Now you have me courious about where you live. LOL

Thanks for joining us in our silver and blue at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

mandy said...

Fab card hun love the snowmen :)

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges :)

Hugs Mandy xxx

Kimie said...

OMGoodness! I "need" this stamp set. This is just darling. I am cracking up at those snowmen. Love the embossing folder you used. LOL MWAH!

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweeet and beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us at Oozak's Challenge. Hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
Hugs,
Cabio