Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Friday, April 12, 2013

New DT Member for Inspired By Stamping

Hello and good Friday morning!

I am thrilled and delighted to tell you that I've been invited to be one of the two newest Design Team members for one of my favorite stamp company blogs, Inspired by Stamping (IBS)!  There is so much to see and do on this site, including shopping, entering challenges, learning from the many tutorials, etc., and I have enjoyed their products and challenges since I first discovered them a few months ago.  And now I get to play with the girls all of the time!


My card today was modeled after one of the tutorials on Whoo Hoo Wednesday by the talented designer, Kendra Sand.  It was WHW #95, how to make a shaped notecard.  I used the largest die from Fancy Label Dies 1 for the card itself and a smaller one for the sentiment, with one of the stamps from the All Year Wishes 1 stamp set.  I've inked the edges of the paper for a more vintage feel, then applied some Scalloped Border Crochet Trim, topped by a thin strip of vintage velvet ribbon.


The pearls are from my stash, and the flowers are IBS Small Flowers, which I sprayed with a homemade shimmer spray to add a more vintage feel.

This little card, while small in size, will be ever so useful as a simple note for various reasons, and I enjoyed making it so much I plan to make many more!

So head on over to the IBS website and check out the IBS store and Joanna's blog, and look for me soon!

Happy crafting!!



Challenges entered:

Oozak #13 - Anything Goes w/pearls, lace, ribbon
Simon Says...April Showers and/or Spring Flowers
Divas by Design - Flowers
Crafts and Me - Lace and Pearls
613 Ave. Create #14 - Anything Goes w/Spring Fever (my roses are blooming!)

14 comments:

Sue said...

Big congrats on your new DT place Shea. It it well deserved. Your card is stunning. I love the design and such gorgeous colours.
Hugs Sue xx

Misty's said...

Congratulations,Shea! What a stunning card! Love the vintage look to it and the shape is amazing too.
Michaela xx

Leah said...

Welcome aboard Shea! Your card is just so beautiful! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

HUGE congrats on youe new DT spot! They are lucky to have you on their team! This is such a beautiful, cute, colorful shaped card. LOVE!
MWAH!!!

Heather said...

Congrats Shea!! How Exciting...I am so happy for you!! Nothing is more fun than getting to design with items you love!! Lovely card!!
Hugs!!
Heather

Kristi said...

Wow Shea, Congrats on your new DT position! You deserve it so much and I can't wait to see what you create. I've been seeing IBS lots lately and they have such pretty stamps!
Your card is lovely, I love the shape!

[[hugs]]
Kristi♥

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning!! Fabulous work!

Congrats on the new DT!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Shea, love the pretty design. Congrats on the DT hun.

Donna x

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations on your new DT appointment! Your project is lovely! Beautiful composition and execution plus a very clear design point of view! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Margreet said...

Gorgeous project...love your flowers...thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

Denise Marzec said...

So feminine and pretty! Love this!

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous. I love the sentiment and the papers, design and embellishments are lovely.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Congrats my dear. They are very lucky to have you. Such a gorgeous card for your first time out. Woo hoo Wednesdays? Too funny. I'll have to check this place out.

Samantha Casey said...

i love this card! Beautiful and classy, I love the flowers you used! Thank you for joining us at the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha