Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Calla Lilies

Hello!

It was pointed out to me recently that I didn't have any sympathy cards in my Etsy shop, so today's card is the first of a few that will rectify the situation.  This is my least favorite card to make, but there is a need for them, so I will make a few to have on hand.


I've kept the colors simple and subdued and used a lovely (but discontinued) image from Flourishes which I've colored with Copic markers after first stamping it using gray ink instead of my usual black.  Gray is a bit softer.  I've layered that on top of a contrasting circle and two layers of contrasting card stock, with the top layer having been heat embossed for a watermark effect.

The small sentiment has a couple of ribbon loops under it for a tiny bit of extra dimension, and I've edged the green layer with clear glitter glue for just a hint of extra elegance.  This is not the time to break out the glam.

I've kept the inside simple as well with two layers of contrasting card stock and a stamped image and sentiment.

Thank you for joining me, and I wish you a lovely day today.

Happy crafting!


This card is for sale in my Etsy shop.
 

1 comment:

Paperesse said...

I don't like to make them either. This one is elegant, but sober as suits the occasion. So many sympathy cards I see look downright cheery and are totally inappropriate. Great job, Shea!