Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Pansies

Hello!

Today's card is the 4th in the 5-card series on friendship.  This one is a thinking of you card that is loaded with color and pattern.  I don't mix a lot of printed papers on my cards and wanted to step out of my comfort zone a little bit, so I pulled some coordinating papers from K & Co.'s "Sweet Nectar" paper stack and started playing.  I normally don't do bright colors either, preferring the vintage and shabby chic look, so again, this is fairly uncharted territory for me.



I started off with a black base, a white mat and a hot pink layer which I stenciled in a swirly pattern using black distress ink.  Then, following a sketch, I added two of the prints from the paper stack, matting them both with black for added definition.  I embossed the gingham layer with a swirl design to echo the stenciled swirls.


The image of pansies is from Flourishes, a stamp company that sells wonderful stamp sets that are perfect for coloring with Copics, which I did here.  I layered it onto a lacy die cut and embellished it with tiny rhinestones.


The sentiment flag has also been embellished with even tinier rhinestones.


The inside has been layered with contrasting card stock and stenciled with a few more swirls.

Thank you so much for joining me, and I hope your day is full of spring loveliness!

Happy crafting!


This card is for sale in my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

Paperesse said...

I think you took a beautiful step outside your comfort zone! I love the bright colors; they coordinate so perfectly with the papers. Those swirls add just the perfect touch! Lovely card!!!