Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Watercolor Comfort

Hello!

Today's card is another sympathy card, and this time I wanted to play with my Gelatos a bit for a soft, watercolor effect.


I first heat embossed the phrase "With Sympanty" in a loose pattern on white card stock and then scribbled a few colors of Gelatos on top.  A few spritzes of water, some rubbing with fingertips, and voila, a soft, watercolor effect layer.  (That blue looks a whole lot darker than it really is.)  I rubbed the color off the the words to help them stand out a bit more.  This is otherwise known as the emboss resist method.  I didn't want this phrase to stand out but to act as more of a subtle watermark on the layer.

I then adhered it to a dry embossed layer in the same color as the base.  No stark contrasts needed on this one.

The center oval was sponged around the edges while still in the die then adhered to a doily diecut.  Pearls adorn the die cut for added elegance, and a soft, seam binding triple bow complete the front.

The inside is kept quite clean with a simple sentiment leaving plenty of room for a personal message.

Thank you for joining me today and I wish you a lovely, joyful day full of that which makes you happy.

Happy crafting!


This card is for sale in my Etsy shop.


2 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful watercolor effect you achieved with gelatos. LOVE it! Such a pretty sympathy card.

Paperesse said...

A great card, Shea and the effects you achieved are stunning!