Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Nothing is Impossible

Hello!

Today's card, second in the week long series of friendship and/or inspirational cards, features one of my favorite quotes:

She sure had it right.

I've used one of my favorite shabby color combinations, pink and brown, on this one starting with a kraft base and layering plaid and floral prints with dark brown mats for definition.  I distressed the edges of the floral print and turned one of the corners down.


The quote was heat embossed with copper metallic embossing powder, the edges were inked, and then I layered it onto a dark brown shadow mat with the edges also embossed in metallic copper.

Of course this kind of card called for a shabby bow, so I tied one of my favorite kind, a "messy" bow, using caramel colored seam binding.  Then I added a couple of loops of string pearls and centered it with a tiny pink posy that I painted with caramel shimmer paint to tone the pinkness down a bit.  An additional posy adorns the opposite corner.

A bit of stitching completes the front.

The inside was finished with contrasting layers of card stock stamped with faint flourishes.  I keep designs like this very light so that a personal message can be written over them.

Thank you so much for joining me, and I wish you a lovely day full of delightful possibilities.  Because NOTHING is impossible.

Happy crafting!


This card is for sale in my Etsy shop.



1 comment:

Paperesse said...

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL, card, Shea. I love it's shabby, elegant look. Bravo!