Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Copper Beauty

Hello!

Today's card was a special commission that my husband wanted to give a co-worker who is in need of encouragement, and he asked that I make a card that was full of STUFF, which is my favorite kind to make.


I've used one of my favorite stamps, this quote by Audrey Hepburn.  I've heat embossed it in metallic copper and layered it on a contrasting layer having also heat embossed the edges in the same color.


See that metallic glint?  It adds a nice shimmer to a card.  I even embossed the edges of the patterned base layer for continuity.


I knew that I wanted to add a nice big fat double looped bow to this card and I used a metallic copper ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon to do the job.  This is the Silky Crush Rust Ribbon and it's a dream with which to work.  I've topped it with a mulberry paper rose from Wild Orchid Crafts which I've glittered with a bit of champagne glitter.


When I really want to pull out the stops on a card I will add one of my handmade stick pins.  To this one I had added what I call a "guardian angel" charm.  I thought it fitting for the occasion.

Some stitching and a few pink pearls finish this card.


The inside was kept simple with contrasting layers and some subtle stamping.  I hope this card made the recipient feel a bit better and know that nothing truly is impossible.

Thank you for joining me, and I wish you a happy, healthy week. 

Happy crafting!



2 comments:

Paperesse said...

Gorgeous!!! And I'm sure the recipient cheered right up when receiving it.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Shea - Not only a beautiful card, but so encouraging, too! Your friend will cherish it, and laugh at the phrase! Love your stitching, too!

I have missed visiting your blog with all the pretties. Your textured watercolor card looks like a rainbow! And the calla lillies are gorgeous. Such bright colors used in each card, and they all look so unique! Thank you for sharing your artwork.

Now to see your reorganized stamp room.... hugs, de