Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Violets for a Friend

Hello!

Today I'm featuring the first in a line of cards I'm designing this week that are geared towards friendship and/or thinking of you cards.  I will also be featuring some with inspirational quotes because everyone needs to be lifted up at some time in their lives.



This card is perfect for a thinking of you card and has been created in the soft spring colors of violet, fresh green and soft yellow.



The focal point for this card is a lovely image from a stamp set called "Violets" (I think) from Flourishes but which sadly has been discontinued.  I've colored it with Copics and used blue chalk for the soft background.  Flourishes stamp sets lend themselves so well to coloring, either with Copics or various other media.  The image was first die cut with an oval die and matted on a violet oval one size larger.



I love this ribbon, though I don't remember where I bought it.  Flourishes maybe.  It's lavender silk and luscious to the touch, and it ties the loveliest bows.  This one is double looped into which I inserted a small, handmade jeweled stick pin.

A bit of ecru lace trim, some stitching, and soft lavender flat back pearls on the four corners complete the front of this serene card.

The inside has a subtle greeting with plenty of room for a personal message.

Thank you for joining me today and here's wishing you a day full of happy thoughts and friendship.

Happy crafting!






This card is for sale in my Etsy shop.

 

2 comments:

Paperesse said...

A gorgeous, GORGEOUS card, Shea!!! Can't wait to see the others in this collection.

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful, Shea! LOVE it!